Teagasc (Irish Agriculture and Food Development Authority) is pleased to launch Research Leaders 2025, an innovative fellowship scheme focused on developing the next generation of research leaders in the agri-food domain.
- Fellowships will have a duration of 36 months, including 18 months outside of Ireland, followed by a “return phase” to Teagasc in Ireland for a further 18 months.
- The fellowships will be researcher-led, so the applicant will be free to choose the research topic, the outgoing host organisation and the supervisor in Teagasc for the return phase.
- There will be a strong focus on career development, with dedicated career mentors for each fellow; a management training course; annual retreats with career presentations from leaders in academia, industry and civil society organisations; and transferable skills training.
- There will also be the option to undertake a secondment to the non-academic sector (e.g., industry or civil society organisations/NGOs).
- There will be a gross annual salary of €51,717 (in absence of family allowance) or €56,306 (if family allowance is paid). Research expenses will also be available.
- The programme aims to address the ‘leaky pipeline’ whereby the higher levels of research shows a gender imbalance. Review cohorts will be gender balanced, applicants that have taken a career break will not be disadvantaged, female fellows will be facilitated in finding female career mentors and paid maternity leave (with extensions to the fellowships) will be available.
- Deadline for receipt of Expression of interest: 1st October 2018, 13:00 Dublin Local Time
- Deadline for receipt of Full Application: 20th November 2018, 13:00 Dublin Local Time
For details: Irish Agriculture and Food Development Authority