The Ronald and Eileen Weiser Center for Europe and Eurasia at the University of Michigan invites applications for the Weiser Professional Development Awards.
The awards include:
- round-trip airfare;
- health insurance;
- a modest per diem.
The Weiser Center will grant 5-7 awards for travel to Ann Arbor in February-April 2019 or September-November 2019.
Any field of research or teaching with a faculty partner at the University of Michigan is accepted. Applicants should be actively engaged in teaching and must have a current appointment to which they intend to return. Junior and mid-level academics are especially encouraged to apply.
Duration of the grant: 4 weeks or 3 months between February-April 2019 or September-November 2019.
Application Deadline: September 15, 2018.
- A completed application form.
- A copy of doctoral diploma (in very few exceptions, highest professional degree, such as Master of Fine Arts, can be accepted).
- A copy of passport photo page.
- A two-page personal statement describing: a) the research or collaborative project you plan to pursue at the University of Michigan, b) reason for applying for this opportunity, c) how this opportunity will benefit your home institution, and d) reason for selecting a 4-week or 3-month visit.
- An invitation from the University of Michigan school, department, and/or faculty partner with whom the research will be conducted; email invitation is acceptable.
- One letter of recommendation from the rector or dean of your institution.
- Optional – a copy of TOEFL score report (if you have taken the exam in the last three years).
- Consent to participate in interview via telephone or Skype.